Mira Zest No Water Flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just bought a brand new Mira Zest Shower.
There is no water flow at all, I have followed all the instructions.
* Could there be a problem with the flow valve or could there be an electrical problem.

My old shower was a Mira Sport, it was not heating and the L.E.Ds didn't light at all when you turned on.

Please Any Solutions.

Mark

Sponsored Links
Are there any LED's on the new shower illuminated? If not have you checked for voltage at the shower?

Isolate the circuit at the CU and then open the pull cord switch. Have a look for burnt or loose cables.

Seems like you may have a high resistance joint and that's the most likely place.

It's not uncommon to find the switch or contacts burnt out.

Are there any LED's on the new shower illuminated? If not have you checked for voltage at the shower?

Hi, there are no LEDs on the new shower but the light on the pull chord is lighting and the unit is getting power.

Sponsored Links
Isolate the circuit at the CU and then open the pull cord switch. Have a look for burnt or loose cables.

Seems like you may have a high resistance joint and that's the most likely place.

It's not uncommon to find the switch or contacts burnt out.

The switch is lighting and the new shower seems to be getting power, should I still relpace the pull switch?

Thanks

Ok.

To clarify.

With the shower isolator pull cord switch on, the neon in the pull cord switch illiuminates.

When you turn the top control on the shower to any position but stop the water does not flow.

Is that correct.

When the top control on the shower is set to Low, Medium or High does the neon in the pull cord switch go dim or go out?

You say you have power to the shower, how are you measuring this and what voltage are you getting?

Is the bottom control dial properly set, i.e. has the valve on the shower unit been turned down and then the cover plate with the dial been fitted out of alignment so that it's shut right down.

Finally is there an isolator valve in the water pipe to the shower, is it installed the right way round and is it on? If there is no valve can you crack the union to check that water is coming through.

It is also possible that the inlet filter may be blocked, this can happen if the old joint was taped and the tape gets into the pipe.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

So in all probability there was nothing wrong with your original shower :rolleyes:

Anyway, glad you got it sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back