missing brick low level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i live in a downstairs flat, early 70s, solid floor. in the colder weather a damp patch appears at low level inside on the wall, most noticable in the morning. the patch starts at around skirting board level and gradually rises a few feet. later in the day it disappears. back to back with this, on the outside wall, a brick is missing; two courses below the damp course. this is at ground level, and so soil is gradually getting into the cavity. there is no cavity insulation.

i have been advised that this is totally unrelated to the damp problem by the managing agents and their surveyors. they have no intention of replacing the brick.

it seems logical to me that this hole is causing the problem, but they insist it isn't because it's below the damp course.

what do you think?

Sponsored Links
If cold air is getting in to the cavity, it could be making a cold spot on the inside wall causing some condensation. This used to be a problem when they used air bricks to ventilate cavities.

Sponsored Links
The joy of Leasehold :evil: just stuff some fibreglass insulation in the hole. I could tell you where to stuff the rest of the roll ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back