Missing Freeview HD Channels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter has just bought a new Samsung 6 series 48" LED TV and it is working great, WiFi fine FaceBook etc.

When we tuned it in the picture is excellent on HD but flicking through the HD channels 101 to 106 are fine but 107 to 111 are missing and 120 onwards is ok.
I live just 10 miles away and my Samsung picks them all up with no problems, we are in the Winter Hill Region

Any ideas please.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Sam, all other HD channels are perfect apart for 107 and above.

I will check through various things next time I am up there

My uncle has just got a Panasonic and has tuned it in to the local Winter Hill transmitter.
He lives about half a mile from me, he is not receiving the same channels as my daughter 107 - 111 the on screen message he receives on these channels is "NO SIGNAL"
I receive them all perfectly so not a transmitter problem it would seem.

Sponsored Links
I'd be interested to know the answer to this.

Missing channels can be caused by lots of things, as Sam Ganges suggests. However, there's usually a discernible pattern; the most likely being a missing mux. Looking at the range of channels missing, they look to be on COM7. However, if you are picking up BBC4HD (channel 106) which is on the same mux then you must be receiving that mux okay. Can you confirm that you are indeed receiving 106 correctly.

Other possibilities are if there's some issue with the Electronic Program Guide (EPG) for Freeview HD or the aerial system is just poor at the bottom end of the channel range. If it was aerial related I would expect that 106 would be missing too. If it was EPG related then lots of other people would be shouting too. So, with no further info yet on either score, it's a bit tricky to pinpoint a cause.

It might be worth doing a "First time install" and letting the TV retune. You might also try a manual tune to channel (c31).

The full DVB-T and DVB-T2 mux guide is here

Thanks for your reply.

You are correct about com7, both my uncle and daughter can not get 106 - 111.
My signal strength / quality on those channels is 92 / 100' my uncles is 0 / 0.

However I have just spoken to him on the phone and told him to unplug the down lead from his Panasonic DVR and to put it directly into the TV, he can now get 106-111 with full signal strength and Quality.

It would appear that the signal for these channels was not getting through the loop through on the DVR.

As for my daughters, I am going up their tonight and will check hers the same way, her lead loops through a Humax DVR.

Does anyone know why this would be?

If it's a simple loop-through, the loss of that spot frequency could be caused by a faulty fly-lead.

If it's an RF modulator, set it to a different UHF channel number.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back