Mitre saw blades

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am I right in thinking that the more blades, the finer,cleaner and smoother the cut?
I will befitting some laminate where the edges will be visible, and want a good cut without having to use a hand saw.
Any comments on the Bosch optiwm210 blades? These are extra thin, with 80 teeth.

Sponsored Links
Your correct in saying that the more teeth, the finer the cut. But,,,, Laminate flooring is fairly hard on saw blades and will quickly blunt the blades.
I can't understand how your putting a laminate floor down, where the cut edges will be seen though. :?:

Thanks. At £20 for a blade, it's Pretty much throw away anyway.
I'm doing the stairs, the edges of treads and risers will not be covered.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately my saw is 210mmx30mm and it looks like the Bosch laminate blades dont come in 210mm size.
My saw is the Titan 210mm SF210JSL friom screwfix.

You can use a smaller diameter blade in your saw, you may have to use a sacrificial piece of wood under the laminate and against the fence to enable it to cut through. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back