Mixer Shower - Gravity Hot Feed ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are refurbing our downstairs shower room. Currently it is fitted with an old electric shower .
I would like to fit a thermostatic gravity mixer shower. This would be fed from a hot water tank 3.5metres ( 11 feet ) above it . The hot and cold water flow to the shower room is good(?) Cold tap 14 litres per minute . Hot tap from cylinder 10 litres per minute. Don't know the pressure. Can you fit a mixer to a cold mains supply - or must it come from the cold tank ?
A professional plumber will be fitting the shower
Would a mixer shower work OK with this water head . I am a dead man if it does not !

TIA

Sponsored Links
The head is measured from the actual shower head to the water level in the feed tank. Have you taken that into consideration? 3.5 metre head would be around .3 bar which isnt great. The selection of your shower needs a bit of thought. Research low pressure showers. The selection of the actual shower head is important.

Thanks Pete , if I work it back to the shower that means I have 2 metres of water head. This equals 0.19 bar which is even worse than the "not good" 0.3 bar ! Looks like it may be best to fit a 10.5 kw shower. Running 10mm² cable is a pain though.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back