Shower pump from gravity feed tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have a a 100 litre copper tank, cold feed coming from the cold water tank and a worcester green star ri 18 bolier
The cold tank is about 1.5 metres above the shower
So my question is how long would the hot water last if I fitted a thermostatic shower and a shower pump.
I'm Re doing the bathroom and what a mixer shower but think I need a pump.
Not sure if I would need a Bigger copper tank.
I have seen the Mira low pressure mixers but if fitted a 1.5 bar pump would a high pressure mixer be better

Many thanks for your help

Mark

Sponsored Links
I'd look at lifting the loft tanks first, shower pumps are noisy. How many people and how many showers per day?

Yea you will need a bigger tank/cistern :LOL: weigh in the copper and it will probably pay for a new plastic 50 gallon tank/cistern ;)

Sponsored Links
Well I got a 50 gallon cold water tank. Don't want to have a 50 gallon hot water tank to heat really.

Sorry I misunderstood your post, a 100 litre hot water cylinder wont last very long with a pump, depends on how long you like your showers.

Yer that my worry assume you can get bigger hot water tanks don't want to fork out for a megaflow really

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back