Mixer shower Help - Name and model?plus mixer not hot enough

pjt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, need some help once again,

I have a mixer shower which is not giving off enough hot water when in shower, heres what happens,

turn shower on and fully over to hot

shower is only warm

So i spoke to British Gas Engineer the other day (he was fixing my faulty boiler (PCB) (not related to Shower problem), he says it either
1. There is too much Cold water coming through
2. mixer shower is faulty

So i go under bath and reduce the CW to a trickle and Hot water to on Full, water is still just warm.

My questions are -

1. Is their anything else can be done to fix this?
2. I cannot find anything on my mixer shower telling me a make or model. Except for the letter "T" (this is in Blue and the "T" is written in Dots.

What make is my mixer shower?, any help would be great

See Image below

Sponsored Links
its not hot as boiling but its probably the same temp as what comes out of the shower

Sponsored Links
its not hot as boiling but its probably the same temp as what comes out of the shower

then i wouldn't put it down to a shower fault more of whats supplying the shower.
if the pipes only warm then the shower can only be as hot as the water to it.

thats an exposed ctv trevi mixer
trevi3101.jpg

then i wouldn't put it down to a shower fault more of whats supplying the shower.
if the pipes only warm then the shower can only be as hot as the water to it.

if its only a manual not thermostatic then more chance of being a supply fault.

Cheers for your help,

I have just checked again, and the temp seems to be a bit up and down, for a few minutes it will be hot (not boiling) , then bit cooler.
The hot pipe on the shower runs of the main pipe to the bath, i just checked the hot tap on the bath and its boiling, so im thinking its obvoiusly something from there to the shower.

Just a question, theres a gate valve on the HW pipe going to the shower, when i open the hot pipe valve, the more i open it, the pipe make the gushing noise the more i open it, (like more water is getting through noise) this noise continues, is this ok or am i best not opening the hot water valve that far
(hope that makes sense)

Cheers
Phil

sorry, no it isnt the same as that one

any isolation valves to the shower want to be fully open.
as for the gushing noise is it only while the showers running ?

yeah the gushing noise is just whilst the shower is on, just really need to know if its ok having the open fully, will give it a try fully open on hot and limit the cold coming through and see if it makes any difference

Cheers
Phil

These shower valves have a temperature stop which is adjustable between 40 -48 deg.
It need adjusting up a bit.

These shower valves have a temperature stop which is adjustable between 40 -48 deg.
It need adjusting up a bit.
i think the hot and cold have been crossed during intulation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back