Mixer shower - nowater flow!!!

I don't know if you'll pick this up, Bathclick, but this whole thing is becoming ridiculous - it's completely frying my brain now

The plumber's been back twice more, re-plumbed the pipe feeding the pump so that it's got a U bend in it - also it now taps into the big pipe coming out of the top of the hot water tank. That made no difference, so he's spent today raising the cold water tank by 8 inches - incidentally he said the bar mixer and pump are okay, though I'm not sure how he can be certain

Anyway, needless to say it's still not worked and now he says "I'll have to ask some of my friends what they think" !!!!!

35 years of experience or not I'm not sure I trust this guy any longer, but what I wanted to ask you is this ... is it likely this CAN'T be sorted, bearing in mind the last shower was fine and the hot water comes out of the taps at a rate well over 0.5L a minute? ? Have you ever known a house where a mixer shower can't be made to work properly, or have we just got an incompetent doing it?

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I'm sorry to hear that you've still got the same problem. For my money it still sounds like a problem with pump, after your last post describing where the pump was connected to and without the loop I thought changing that would cure the problem.

You can make a shower work on any gravity fed hot water system, I found it hard belive that a lack of flow rate on the hot water would be causing the problem, even places where the cold water tank is directly above the cylinder in the airing cupboard achieve 1-2 L/M.

My honest opinion is to try another plumber, or if the pump is under warranty take it back and try another. As long as there is not trapped air in the pipe work serving the shower I really don't think that the problem is with the plumbing system itself and lies with one of the pieces of equipment attached to it.

Having said all that not never seeing the installation or equipment I can only give it my best guess and call on previous experience. That tells me that if all the hot taps work there's no fundamental problem with the hot water, if there's no air lock in the shower pipe work then I would say the problem has to be with equipment.

I really hope that you get this fixed and that my advice has been in some way useful to you.

Thanks
BathClick

Dear Lynnoakwood
I know this is an old thread but as I have exactly the same problem with another manufacturers shower product.
I would love to know what the resolution was for your problem.

Martyn, if you check Lynnoakwood's ID you'll see they haven't been on since 2012, recommend you start a new post. Give as much info as possible, in as few sentences as possible.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply Rob!
I guess this was a one off and they got it resolved eventually.
I removed the NRV,s from the valve body earlier this morning so I will see if we now have a non sticking shower tomorrow morning. (one of the valves had a stuck plunger!)
If I still have an issue, I will start a new thread as per your recommendation.

Thanks
Martyn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back