Thermostatic Bar Mixer shower flow rate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a flow rate limitation for thermostatic bar mixers to work correctly? We're hoping to put a largish rain shower head to a bar mixer, which requires around 25 litres per minute. Assuming this flow rate can be provided by our system, would a standard thermostatic shower work ok? (not sure if there is a flow rate difference between brands).

Cheers

Sponsored Links
25L/M is one hell of a lot of water in todays saving water conciseness world.
I would think again.
The shower head will still work, but unless it's a fully pumped system you will loose power/force.
I wouldn't bother.

25L/M is one hell of a lot of water in todays saving water conciseness world.
I would think again.
The shower head will still work, but unless it's a fully pumped system you will loose power/force.
I wouldn't bother.

Understood about the excessive water usage.

It is an unvented system with a stored water/pump set behind it. My question is that if the input into a thermostatic shower is at 25 lpm (say at 3bar), then is there a restriction usually built into thermostatic bar valves? I'm thinking I might need to go for a standard non-thermostatic mixer if there is a limitation.

Also, not sure if the digital shower types are worse for this.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Absolutely there is a maximum flow rate through a thermostatic mixer, but it will usually be a lot higher than even your shower head needs. Do check the specs before you buy but you should be OK with a good quality shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back