Mixer shower to hot !!! help needed

yes because the hot will be more powerful than the cold.
you need balanced pressures
what boiler is it running off ?

Sponsored Links

As I said previously it is because a shower hose passes a fraction of the amount of water that your taps do.
The slower the water passes through your boiler the hotter it will be.

i wouldn't put it down to a boiler problem as your boiler should modulate to the flow of the water

waterloose1, have you checked whether the type of mixer tap is either high or low pressure? Roper do both and they only compliment specific water pressures systems?

If you have 2 cold feeds the other being from the roof, it should still have a stop cock to isolate the supply. May be worth knowing where that is for future reference.

Check and see...

Sponsored Links
waterloose1, have you checked whether the type of mixer tap is either high or low pressure? Roper do both and they only compliment specific water pressures systems?

If you have 2 cold feeds the other being from the roof, it should still have a stop cock to isolate the supply. May be worth knowing where that is for future reference.

Check and see...

Thanks for the help i have already said before in the post that the tap is ok so we can count that out and i have found the stopcock i turned it off to check as seco services asked and it turns the cold bath tap and basin tap off and also supplys the wc. The other cold feed supplys the kitchen tap only i think.

As I said previously it is because a shower hose passes a fraction of the amount of water that your taps do.
The slower the water passes through your boiler the hotter it will be.

i wouldn't put it down to a boiler problem as your boiler should modulate to the flow of the water

I wasn't ! ;)

Combi boilers cannot regulate the water temperature if the pressure is reduced.If you significantly reduce the water flow rate ,the water temp exceeds the boiler setting it will switch the boiler off but that is hardly regulation.
To comply with current Legionella legislation, water heaters have to raise water temperature and store at 60degrees. This often means that water temperature at the taps is scalding hot. The way round this is to reduce the temperature at the outlet to 50 deg by using a blender .

This may work in this case but it is beginning to look like the cold is gravity fed in which case the only solution is going to be to feed the cold tap from the CW main or fit an electric shower

I have found the other stopcock in the kitchen and it shuts down the kitchen taps and the bathroom hot taps the other stopcock turns off the cold bathroom taps and toilet.
Does the combi boiler work from the mains because the flat had a electric shower we took out and capped the cold water pipe this pipe was coming from the kitchen so maybe this is a mains supply and i can use this for the bath if this is the problem with the shower getting hot ?

I have found the other stopcock in the kitchen and it shuts down the kitchen taps and the bathroom hot taps the other stopcock turns off the cold bathroom taps and toilet.
Does the combi boiler work from the mains because the flat had a electric shower we took out and capped the cold water pipe this pipe was coming from the kitchen so maybe this is a mains supply and i can use this for the bath if this is the problem with the shower getting hot ?

I'm completely losing the plot here :rolleyes:

If you turned the stopcock off and it turned the cold waterfeed off to the bath then the bath cold tap is fed from the mains so pressure should be equal between hot and cold feeds to your bath mixer taps.

I use exactly the same arrangement that you have and my shower gets pretty hot but I only need to crack open the cold tap on my mixer and it reduces the temperature dramatically.

How does the water pressure compare between your hot and cold taps on the wash hand basin or kitchen sink taps

could you just confirm exactly where the two stopcocks are located and which turn off what exactly because there is some confusion here.

I'm completely losing the plot here :rolleyes:

If you turned the stopcock off and it turned the cold waterfeed off to the bath then the bath cold tap is fed from the mains so pressure should be equal between hot and cold feeds to your bath mixer taps.

I use exactly the same arrangement that you have and my shower gets pretty hot but I only need to crack open the cold tap on my mixer and it reduces the temperature dramatically.

How does the water pressure compare between your hot and cold taps on the wash hand basin or kitchen sink taps

I know its hard to explain on the internet :confused: I have 2 stopcocks 1 turns the bath cold taps and toilet off but not the hot and is in the bathroom and goes up through the wall the other is in the kitchen and this turns the both hot cold kitchen taps off and the bathroom hot taps.

why are we going over the same issues thats already been covered ?
one stopcock in the kitchen feeds the cold tap and the combi.
and yes the hot is controled by the kitchen cold stopcock.

the bathroom cold is off another stopcock feeding the bath basin toilet cold.

now you need to check the pressure or where the supply is from.

and it sounds like gravity.

why are we going over the same issues thats already been covered ?
one stopcock in the kitchen feeds the cold tap and the combi.
and yes the hot is controled by the kitchen cold stopcock.

the bathroom cold is off another stopcock feeding the bath basin toilet cold.

now you need to check the pressure or where the supply is from.

and it sounds like gravity.
Thanks for that :)

seco you seem to have this covered and as the OP seems happy enough with your answers so I'm going to leave it to you to finish.
We are all trying to help people on here chum. There is no need for you to be so rude and aggressive ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back