Mixer shower without the inlet filters?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Aqualisa thermostatic mixer/bar shower, and I'm finding that the inlet filters clog up every few months, reducing the shower flow, so I have to remove the shower from the wall and rinse them out.

I'm in N.E.Wales which as far as I know isn't a hard water area, so I'm guessing it's not limescale. The stuff on the filters looks like a mixture of very fine grit and creamy-coloured slime, which washes out easily under a tap.

Would I be asking for trouble if I was to make holes in the metal filter mesh to stop them clogging? I guess the main purpose of them is to stop the shower scaling up, but given that we're not in a hard water area, what's the worst that could happen? Is there anything inside the shower that could be damaged, or will I just end up with the occasional clogged shower head (which would be easier to clean than having to remove the shower bar)?

Sponsored Links
The inlet filters are there for a purpose, to stop crud getting into mixer.

Just keep cleaning them out, the crud in your system may disappear in time

You can clean the inlet filters but the cartridge is not repairable. Just remove the end cap and unscrew, easy-peasy - so long as the water is filter and shower filter. thanks[/url]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back