Mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, this is my first post.
We are having our bath removed and a shower fitted in its place. On the wall of our bathroom we have an instantaneous electric shower (Triton 8.5kw)
Our old combi is soon to be replaced with an 'A' rated modern one. I'm worried that if we get a mixer type of shower supplied by the combi, our water consumption will rise. We have a tap-happy 16 yr old who, if he can, will have the shower on full! The current appliance will only deliver about 3.5l/min at a comfortable temperature, but I read about massive deliveries achievable by these mixers. Is it possible to restrict the hot water delivery to these units (perhaps by a gate valve or similar) to ensure only a reasonable amount of water is used? Would this interfere with the mixing action of the shower valve?
Many thanks,
Gerard

Sponsored Links
If i was happily having a shower and my dad made me turn it down to 3.5 ltrs/min id consider moving out.

Sponsored Links
You might find that the more efficient combi saves you more money than your son 'wastes' with his showering habits.

Failing that switch the boiler off when he's had his allowed time in the shower, that'll shift him in a hurry :LOL:

Thanks to all for your advice. I wouldn't be that stingy to limit my son to 3.5l/min. I was just saying that is all we get now. I am however, interested in saving water as I believe we all should. By the way, if anyone is interested, I found a range of shower mixers by Triton called "Eco showers". they limit flow to 6 l/min. I could live with that! Thanks again,
Gerard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back