Mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i live in a housing assoc house and they've recently told us they're changing our boilers. we're being given a combi boiler.

i currently have a back boiler behind the fireplace and a tank in the cupboard next to the bathroom.

our bath cold comes from the tank in the loft, not the mains so our pressure on the bath is really low, so mixer taps never provided a good shower.

so we installed, a crodex hydro shower, not sure if you've heard of them but they take the cold from the mains and the hot from the tank and it produces a decent enough pressure.
now according to the croydex leaflet the shower wont work with a combi boiler or any pressurised hot water supply.

so i guess my option would be to go back to mixer taps on the bath(which we don't have anymore) or a mixer shower.
now with a mixer shower, i've only ever seen them with the fittings connecting to pipes hidden in the wall.
our bath is situated so that both ends do not touch a wall, only the side of the bath, which sides to the main wall of the house.
so can mixer showers be fitted with the piping being exposed to view?

i hope that made sense.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Can mixer showers be fitted with the piping being exposed to view?

If you can find bottom entry ones, then yes. ( not seen any in my ltd exp)

You may have to bite the bullet though and chase out the wall to run your piping :(

How about a Mira Excel with pipe downwards then take out cartridge, turn 180D and refit so hot on left. They have many fitting options on the exposed version.

Sponsored Links
Bahco said:
Can mixer showers be fitted with the piping being exposed to view?
If you can find bottom entry ones, then yes. ( not seen any in my ltd exp)
Er, I'm pretty sure that there are loads. The Trevi range springs to mind - with the "Therm" you can turn the elbows to suit top, or rear, or bottom fed supplies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back