Mixer Showers. Cold water tank?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We currently have a combi boiler but due to very poor water pressure installed an electric shower. We still have problems at 'peak' times and the shower squeals.

On the assumption that the water temperature I can get at my bathroom sink could be matched by a mixer shower, can anyone recommend what flow rate would be necessary for a decent shower?

Any help/thoughts much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If you had a combi installed, you should have had a decent enough pressure/flow rate in the first place. The installer should have checked this before deciding a combi was suitable for your circumstances.

No, the combi has been in the house for at least ten years if not longer. We only moved in two years ago and when we fitted out the bathroom replaced an electric shower with a new one.

Sponsored Links
Electric showers will give you between 4-7 liters per min and a fair shower is about 9liters per min.

The style of handset makes a big difference i.e electric showers all have very restrictive handsets that have a higher pressure but will not let much water pass therfore look better at lower flow rates.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back