Mixer tap error, is this fix ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Ok, hands up I have messed up installing a shower mixer tap. I have replaced a 'telephone' style bath/shower tap with separate taps and a wall mounted shower mixer and naively thought that teeing off the taps wouldn't be much different to how it was with the old mixer tap. So I now realise that I have mains cold and gravity hot. :oops:
Does this have any chance of working whatsoever?
If not, I can fairly easily route a pipe from the cold water tank down the soil pipe boxing under the bath and into the pipe that feeds the mixer - would this be ok? Next question - what size should this pipe be? The hot is 22mm, apart from the 15mm feed to the mixer, should the cold feed from the tank also be 22mm? At what point should I reduce it to 15mm?
Many thanks in advance for your help
David.

Sponsored Links
Does this have any chance of working whatsoever?
not really
If not, I can fairly easily route a pipe from the cold water tank down the soil pipe boxing under the bath and into the pipe that feeds the mixer - would this be ok?
not really
Next question - what size should this pipe be? The hot is 22mm, apart from the 15mm feed to the mixer, should the cold feed from the tank also be 22mm? At what point should I reduce it to 15mm?
Many thanks in advance for your help
David.

if you run your shower off the hot supply to the bath and a cold supply from the loft it will still be a hopeless shower

you'll more likely need it pumped if you want a descent shower not a water can effect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back