Mixer tap hot water only has a trickle after fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Changed from Hot & Cold taps to mixer tap in bathroom also fitted tower shower where hot water is only a trickle :?:

Sponsored Links
Do you have a gravity hot water system (water tanks in loft etc.etc.) or a high pressure system?

Is your new brassware designed to work with the type of system you have?

cold water is in the loft but the hot water is in the bedroom and all new fitments have been fitted

Sponsored Links
Is your new brassware designed to work with the type of system you have?

oh look another informative post from an experienced plumber heating engineer

what was it again goldberk you do what :?:

========================================================

it sounds as if you do not have enough head of water above the shower rose

can you raise the tank in the loft

other option is a pump :idea:

Think what Goldberg was trying to say is have you brought taps that are designed for high pressure rather than gravity fed.If the flow rate was fine before then I would say you have brought incorrectly.

You could raise the level of the tank or fit a pump or you could buy the right taps!

Changed from Hot & Cold taps to mixer tap in bathroom also fitted tower shower where hot water is only a trickle :?:

Q: Is the HW only a trickle from the new taps AND the tower (power?) shower, or just from the shower?

Think what Goldberg was trying to say is have you brought taps that are designed for high pressure rather than gravity fed.If the flow rate was fine before then I would say you have brought incorrectly.
Yes - that is my view, but the point of my post was to bring the OP;s attention to the fact that TicklyT had asked the right questions, but they hadn't all been answered.

This issue of new taps with tiny waterways crops up again and again, and retailers just don't seem to ask responsible questions before selling the taps.

You could raise the level of the tank or fit a pump or you could buy the right taps!
Quite right!

checked with the retailer regarding basin mixer tap and all brassware came with the Tower shower. There are no kinks in the flexy pipes and have ran water to see if there is an airlock but still no luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back