no hot water at mixer shower or basin okay in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is bizarre!!

This is a combi boiler. Plenty hot water at kitchen which is 3 feet from boiler. In the bathroom which is about 12 feet away there is little pressure on mixer shower when asking for hot water and just a trickle from the hot tap.

When i turn mixer to cold i get cold water running through the hot on basin.

Boiler does not ignite when calling for hot in bathroom but is okay in kitchen?

thanks

mira 88 shower

Sponsored Links
Unless you tell me the boiler make and model then its not going to be possible for me to tell you whats tests you can do.

Tony

as said need to give more info on boiler.

but this is nothing to do with the mira 88.
the 88 is just a mixer their is nothing to block or cause temp problems.
even though its not recommended for main pressure systems some still work when converted from gravity to mains pressure.

sounds like a problem on the hot supply some where.

Unless you tell me the boiler make and model then its not going to be possible for me to tell you whats tests you can do.

Tony

sorry its a worcester 25cdi

I tried attaching main supply direct to the hot to bathroom but still nothing

Sponsored Links
Close the service valve on the mains water into the boiler and see if anything comes out of ANY hot taps and including all possible settings of any joystick taps and shower mixers.

You may have a cold water cross over.

Tony

Close the service valve on the mains water into the boiler and see if anything comes out of ANY hot taps and including all possible settings of any joystick taps and shower mixers.

You may have a cold water cross over.

Tony

i was thinking the water could be crossing in the mixer valve is that what you mean?

Possibly an absent or contaminated non-return valve in the hot connection to the shower valve??

cause your going to get cold water cross over to hot as you have no pressure on the hot.

turn the mixer to hot you said you get little pressure on the mixer and basin hot.

so your not getting anything through your hot supply from boiler.
its not the mixer.

cause your going to get cold water cross over to hot as you have no pressure on the hot.

turn the mixer to hot you said you get little pressure on the mixer and basin hot.

so your not getting anything through your hot supply from boiler.
its not the mixer.

that makes sense. so why would turning mixer control to cold allow cold water out of the hot tap and shower?

the hot has no flow or pressure getting to it.
the mira 88 don't have non return valves.
so turning to cold will allow water to travel down the hot to the next tap.
when both supplies are working and equal they can't crossover.

the 88 was only ever designed for gravity fed systems.

Its good practice to always fit NRV valve on any mixing fitting to prevent crossflow.

Thats essential under water regs when supplied directly from mains supply.

Tony

Its good practice to always fit NRV valve on any mixing fitting to prevent crossflow.

Tony

maybe but the 88's not designed for mains pressure so thats irrelevant.
anyone that knows about nrv on mains pressure would know not to stick an 88 on mains pressure.

Tony

maybe but the 88's not designed for mains pressure so thats irrelevant.
anyone that knows about nrv on mains pressure would know not to stick an 88 on mains pressure.
so what would you suggest my next step would be?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back