Basin tap - hot water

• Thread starter Deleted member 15266
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15266

We have a combi boiler. If the boiler is cold (ie no heating on) and we fully open the kitchen sink or bath hot taps the boiler immediately starts heating the water. However with the bathroom basin, if we try to open the tap fully the water spurts all over the bathroom which is a unacceptable because both you and floor are covered in water, so generally we end up with no hot water in the basin. Is it because the pipes leading up to the basin and the mixer tap are narrow? IWould replacing them make any difference?

Sponsored Links
A photo would make a difference as to totally understand.

Are they separate hot and cold taps or a mixer tap?

I think the answer is to fit an airator which will bulk out the water with air and stop splashing , you can also get flow limiting versions.

the flow is obviously not enough to set the boiler out, no easy fix imo but maby the air thing will allow you to turn the water on more to set it off without wetting the floor.

the flow is obviously not enough to set the boiler out

Its been 20 odd years since I did boilers so forgive me if I am wrong is that not due to the water section and diaphram thingy where a good engineer would be able to sort out?

Cor four Glasses of red wine and my memory has gone I am going to have to practice drinking more!!!!

Sponsored Links
Sometimes the aerator on the end of the tap can get bunged up with limescale, not only reducing the flow to the point the boiler doesn't start, but also funneling the reduced flow into a jet that bounces of the bottom of the basin.

If there is an aerator fitted, unscrew it and try the tap without it, or 'pickle' it in something like kettle de-scaler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back