Mixing Aquapanels & MR Plasterboard on same wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ha ha, I hadn't realised how HEAVY aquapanels are, so dot and dab is out of the question, but I was only going to use them as a tiling base in the corner shower, and do the rest of the bathroom in MR plasterboard.

So, I need to drill the boards and drill and plug the walls and screw them up, but what's the best way to get them level with the D&D boards either side? Should I use wooden battens and match the thickness of the adhesive to get a level join, or is there another way?

Sponsored Links
Two methods come to mind.
*dot/dab the mr boards first, so you can the calculate batten sizes for aquapanels or batten out the area out were they meet, accommodating for the difference in depth between panels and boards.

Two methods come to mind.
*dot/dab the mr boards first, so you can the calculate batten sizes for aquapanels or batten out the area out were they meet, accommodating for the difference in depth between panels and boards.

The aquapanels fit into a corner, and then one full sheet of MR P/B will fit (slightly trimmed) up to a door, so it will be much easier to fit the PB to the aquapanels (I think). I was going to batten the wall vertically at 300mm centres (four battens for 900mm sheet), and wondered whether that was sufficient, or whether I should also put horizontals in between. At what centres should I screw the boards (ie how many screws to support a 1200x900 sheet)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back