MOBILE PHONE REMOTE CONTROL OF ELECTRIC APPLIANCES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A SYSTEM MODESTLY PRICED WHICH I COULD USE WHEREBY I COULD SWITCH ON ELECTRIC WALL HEATERS IN A HOLIDAY HOME
USING A MOBILE PHONE OR LAND LINE PHONE. PERHAPS SOMETHING THAT WOULD FIT INTO THE 3PIN WALL SOCKET AND THEN THE HEATER PLUGGED INTO THE DEVICE.

Sponsored Links
When people shout it is so hard to hear them clearly.

So Caps Lock OFF please

Remotely controlling heaters in the way you suggest could be very dangerous. If the heater has been left covered and is turned on then fire is a serious possibility. If people leave the property with things on the heater how will you know that it is un-safe to turn the heater on.

CAPS = shout, please don't.

This one needs a pay as you go sim card and works to sms or dial in and key a code.

See:-

http://x10modules.com/shop/product_...id=96&osCsid=d33ed643ef3e9461877e8ef8ea3075d5

Not sure if a 7 amp relay is big enough for heating, so you might need to add a relay on that is man enough for the heater output.

Tbox_b.gif

http://x10modules.com/shop/pages.php?page=52

Sponsored Links
When people shout it is so hard to hear them clearly.

So Caps Lock OFF please

Remotely controlling heaters in the way you suggest could be very dangerous. If the heater has been left covered and is turned on then fire is a serious possibility. If people leave the property with things on the heater how will you know that it is un-safe to turn the heater on.

Thankyou for your reply but that is not a danger, we are the only ones who go into what is our own property, we never nor would let it out and no-one has keys except my wife and I. They are modest convector heaters.

Who knows, next you might be thanking me for going to the time and trouble to post a product that would do as you ask.

First you shout, next you ignore a post that I spent 15 minutes researching for you.

Clue- google "home automation gsm control"

Who knows, next you might be thanking me for going to the time and trouble to post a product that would do as you ask.

First you shout, next you ignore a post that I spent 15 minutes researching for you.

Clue- google "home automation gsm control"
He posted his response less than 2 minutes after yours, there's a good chance your response wasn't there when he originally hit reply ;)

:oops:

Accepted- Even the wife said I was being "antsy" when I got home.

Sorry, if I've had a ****e day then it's not your fault. Please accept my apologies for being brusk, rude even.

On a positive note, you got your answers.

:oops:

Accepted- Even the wife said I was being "antsy" when I got home.

Sorry, if I've had a s***te day then it's not your fault. Please accept my apologies for being brusk, rude even.

On a positive note, you got your answers.

Really sorry you had a rotten day, your reply did give me a jolt, I guess I didn't expect a reply quite so promptly. Me, well electrics are one area of DIY I have always sought to avoid and this was only my second question to this website, the first was 100pct successful, so I am impressed by the help volunteered by knowledgable people so freely, so please carry on helping us
amateurs to sort things out almost by ourselves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back