Mobile phone tones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting a new Samsung A22G PAYG this will not being connect to the internet, only used for calls and text.

After many years giving up on my Nokia X2 PAYG Not on the internet

Q How can I transfer tones stored on the Nokia X2 they are in the tones list had them transfer to me in 2012 and would like to keep them.

I have a new EE nano card ready for the new phone.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
An easy way to transfer them over without access to a PC might be to 'Bluetooth' transfer them between the phones.
Hopefully you have a way to find the files in your Nokia.
Once transferred the tones files are normally stored in /system/media/audio/ringtones on Android devices.

do the two phones have a USB connector? E.g. to copy phone photos away?

the stolen goods merchant in my local streetmarket has some kind of software to copy stuff from one phone to another.

presumably honest phone shops can also do it.

I have old phones here with no active SIM, and they can still connect f.o.c. to my house wifi

i can also plug them into the PC to dowload photos or other data.

The Nokia is an old phone (believe it came with Windows Phone OS?), but does support Bluetooth, USB OTG and I believe it has a microSD slot.
I think it depends if you can find the files in the current OS (could be hidden) and if you can, do you have an option to transfer them.
If not, then it's time to connect to a PC and download the files through that.
Once you have the files, it's simple to get them into the correct folder on a modern Android phone (...as long as the tones are compatible! :))

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks John D & RandonGrinch
My X2 Nokia is the OLD must be 10years, it has the large full size Sim card.
Will try bluetooth today see if that works for me.
Regarding Tunes could I download free ZEDGE tunes to PC then Bluetooth to new phone ?? unless you know a better site to downloads from.

Thanks Guys

You can put a modern small SIM in your old phone.

A plastic adaptor is available at nominal cost

Often included when a new SIM is delivered.

Just received the new EE PAYG sim ( free of charge) the one with the press out for large and nano card, its in my Nokia till I purchase a new phone.

I think you will be surprised at just how good the new phone will be!
I only use my phone on WiFi at home, but it is almost my PC replacement.
If you want to download tunes, it's so easy to do it straight from the phone.
...all my posts on this forum come from my phone :)
Good luck with the transfer, let us know if you have any problems :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back