Modifying kitchen unit to wedge shape (plan view)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 4 foot wide kitchen unit, with cupboards and drawers, which I need to remove in order to damp treat the wall behind it. The kitchen walls are not parallel and floorspace here is limited. (The kitchen is L shaped.) I have it in mind to modify the unit before reinstatement so its front will be parallel to the opposite wall – it would then project from the wall behind it let’s say two feet at one side of the unit tapering to one foot at the other side. This would involve cutting away a wedge section of the worktop (at the rear) and similarly modifying the drawers. Any ideas on how best to do this?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The exact width isn't critical for these purposes, the width of the twin cupboards and drawers is actually 1m but adding the worktop overhang at the side would give 1.35m. I might try to put a pic up later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back