MoesGo WiFi Thermostat Install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for some advice please on replacing my old traditional thermostat with a MoesGoe WiFi Thermostat (GC model).

My existing thermostat has 3 connections plus earth (blue, red, yellow). The new one seems to want 4 connections (doesn't mention earth).

Pictures attached, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3159.jpg
    IMG_3159.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3160.jpg
    IMG_3160.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 48
  • MoesGo Wiring Diagram.png
    MoesGo Wiring Diagram.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3161.jpg
    IMG_3161.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 52
Sponsored Links
Brown L to terminal 4 (L)
Blue N to terminal 3 (N)
Yellow to terminal 2
Add a small link wire between terminal 4 (L) and terminal 1

And isolate the earth connection in a separate terminal block, tucking it safely out of the way.

All done - up and running - a simple job with the advice from here.

One question if anybody knows the Smart Life app that I am using with the thermostat.

Any idea what the 0 degrees icon means on the app? Wondering if it is a minimum temp level - but can’t see any way to edit it.

TIA

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 17.52.32.jpeg.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 17.52.32.jpeg.png
    656.6 KB · Views: 30
Sponsored Links
Any idea what the 0 degrees icon means on the app? Wondering if it is a minimum temp level - but can’t see any way to edit it
External temperature sensor reading, apparently.
I doubt you have one of them! :)
Screenshot_20231020-183319_Chrome.jpg

It may be possible to disable it?

Ah thanks.

I’ve had it running for 12 hours or so now, with a programme set in the SmartLife app, but the temperature doesn’t seem to be changing at any of the programmed change points? I’ve got it in programme mode (Programmable Mode button green) and the programme seems to have uploaded on to the thermostat- I can see the right times/temps when I click through the programme on the device. The temp is just staying at the same value.

Any suggestions - am I missing something??

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back