Moisture resistant polyfilla still not setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I've used Polycell moisture resistant polyfilla to reseal gap between my bath and tiled wall. I followed all the right procedures, properly cleaning out all the old sealant, meth spirit to clean residue, general clean up so it was spotless. I finished sealing around 6pm on Wednesday 4th Jan and left it to set. It's Friday 6th Jan, well over 24hours and it's still tacky in places. Any advice please on whether this isn't right or if it's just a case of bring patient?

Sponsored Links
Polycell moisture resistant polyfilla is completely the wrong product to seal between a bath and the tiles, you need to use a flexible silicone sealant such as https://www.toolstation.com/dowsil-dc785-sanitary-silicone-sealant/p50988

There are lots of threads on how to achieve an effective seal on this forum if you search, remember to fill the bath before you apply your sealant.

Reactions: CBW
Do people still fill a bath before applying sealant?

Blup

Sponsored Links
Hi. I've used Polycell moisture resistant polyfilla to reseal gap between my bath and tiled wall. I followed all the right procedures, properly cleaning out all the old sealant, meth spirit to clean residue, general clean up so it was spotless. I finished sealing around 6pm on Wednesday 4th Jan and left it to set. It's Friday 6th Jan, well over 24hours and it's still tacky in places. Any advice please on whether this isn't right or if it's just a case of bring patient?

I would not personally use it, but in your defence, it is sold as being suitable in bathrooms. The image on the front even looks like it is being used to seal a bath.

I would suggest calling AzkoNobel and speaking to technical support.

0333 222 7171

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local