'MOLE-ING'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Getting quotes in for replacing lead water pipe which runs down under concrete driveway.

I have 3 different plumber's advice:

1. Leave existing pipe under driveway and trench from water meter across front lawn with new connection pipe, dig down under foundations and up under floorboards to run water pipes around inside property.

2. Dig up concrete trench down driveway, get pipe up and replace with new.

3. 'Mole' along existing pipe line and replace - I believe this involves digging down at both ends and mole-ing vibrating wires through to break up old pipe and make room for new?

I would like any advice on the above options ( I don't have quotes in yet, so that may make my decision anyhow!). What are the pros and cons, obviously I want minimum damage to property!

Thanks K :D

Sponsored Links
The mole just digs its way through the soil !

The nicest way in my view is a trench along the lawn. But its labour intensive although you or boyfriend could dig it yourself to minimum 750 mm depth.

Moling including fitting the pipe is usually about £500-£700.

The pipe installation should either be done by Water Reg registered plumber or inspected before covering by the Water Supplier !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back