Lead pipe removal or create new line

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The house is 3 bed semi and has lead pipe (for mains water) which needs to be replaced. The pipe is running from the side (I think) of the semi detached house. The problem is that the side has been concreted and the driveway (on front) has tarmac. So there will be lot of digging (or moling less invasive but expensive).

So I was wondering can I get it dug out from driveway (on front) but then where it under the concerete (on the side of the house), I can cut it out and leave it in the ground and have new pipe on the top of the concrete (instead of barried)? So in essense the lead pipe has both ends disconnected and left under the concrete floor. Or is this against a law?

The side access where the concrete is has got proper roof and wall, so its not open.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can leave the lead in the ground if you can't get it out. Do be aware though, as per the water regs, any water pipe buried in the ground needs to be least 750mm deep. Any pipe above ground, but exposed, will need a serious amount of insulation and protection from any possible mechanical damage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back