mondeo mk3 inlet manifold..butterflies knackered??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi ,ive been getting a rattle for a month or 2 now and its getting worse.its seems to be coming from the inlet.just to add the oil level is ok and the belt tensioner is about 3 months old.i know this has been a problem on the early mk 3(mines 02 plate ) with the shafts breaking and the little bushes on the butterflies failing.im gonna take it off and have a look.has any body done this and had the same problem.i bet there is cos it seems like it was a widespread problem till ford modified the manifold in 2004 i think?
does anybody have a quick method of releasing the big clip on the air pipe.i wonder if ford mechs use something??
also could this be done in 2 hours possibly?? or loger in this cooollld weather??? thanks.

Sponsored Links
ok so theres no takers on this one. i dont know how to disconnect the brake vacuum line from the manifold(does it pull off??...simply) or is there something else i should do..also i cant get the clip off the air outlet pipe.the access to the manifold bolts is a bugger by the looks of it.it looks like the radiator has to be removed maybe??
ive been trying to suss the job out before i get the spanners out :rolleyes:
just to add the rattle is deffo coming from the manifold :eek:

hi, i was wondering if the gaskets could be reused if in good condition??

thankyou :cry:

Sponsored Links
Yep - the designer never had to work on that engine!
Had to take mine to bits (2L petrol) a couple of years back as it developed an air leak at the end of the cylinder 1 butterfly valve.

Back