Money in the bank? Shares?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I reckon that in the next 18 months most will be gone.

On the News Eddie George said that the world economy is in the worst shape ever - even worse than the 1930s.

Greece is bust and will soon be followed by the other wobbly states like Ireland, Portugal, Spain and Italy. They are too big to bail out so when they all go bust - so will all the Banks including all the British banks. Then the UK will default on its loans. Quantitive easing? Don't make me laugh. Printing money and pretending it's real. What kind of scam is that? Stock markets will crash and pensions will go out the window. Put you money in property because when the crash comes and you have property - you've still got the same property afterwards. Cash and shares will just disappear.

Joe-90's predictions are NEVER wrong.

Sponsored Links
Yes property is the way forward. I haven't got a pension ( 38 ) and have no desire to pay into one.

Yep, put your money in property and watch the housing market collapse as well - great idea :cry:

Gold and diamonds are the best bet.

Buy houses, bury your cash in the garden and buy a gun. Gold?, Id rather take my chances at Wolverhampton. ;)

Im with Joe on this one.

Sponsored Links
Yep, put your money in property and watch the housing market collapse as well - great idea :cry:

Gold and diamonds are the best bet.

Before the crash you have a house. After the crash you have a house. Its monetary value means nothing as money will mean nothing.

So 75 billion goes in, making a total of 275 billion ...... but how does it actually get into the economy ?

Lou you may be right ...... the way gold has gone of late, but maybe nothing is safe ...... who knows ...... only time will tell.

Why don't we print a trillion quid and pay off our budget deficit? Or print 2 trillion and give us all new cars? 3 trillion and give us all new houses?

Yeah - it's just rubbish. :rolleyes:

I have every confidence in our national bank...just like this guy...

7104cdb6.jpg

Yes property is the way forward. I haven't got a pension ( 38 ) and have no desire to pay into one.

i understand what you mean, but most people pay into a pension because their employer also pays in more !!

On the News Eddie George said that the world economy is in the worst shape ever - even worse than the 1930s.

I think you mean Mervyn King,Mr George died a couple of years ago.

Oh yeah. They do look a bit alike. :oops:

Just to add to Joe's point, if you've got money sit on it and wait for the market to crash, you'll be able to buy property at a fraction of the value it was before the crash. When the market recovers, and it will, the whole principle of the stock market (which is basically all we have left to drive our economy), is designed around the process of value fluctuation, your property portfolio will also start to rise in value. The economy will start to recover and so the cycle continues.

There are those that will say that it is morally wrong to buy property at that point but those 'investors' are the ones who are restarting the economy. If NO ONE bought anything, then we'd have no economy.

Selling houses to each other with money that doesn't exist (except as a pixel on a greedy bankers screen) is no basis for a strong economy. Just look at Ireland.
We manufacture sweet fa these days.
China, India and the far east rules. And to make matters worse china has to lend us the money to buy their cheap tatty products.

Just to add to Joe's point, if you've got money sit on it and wait for the market to crash, you'll be able to buy property at a fraction of the value it was before the crash. When the market recovers, and it will, the whole principle of the stock market (which is basically all we have left to drive our economy), is designed around the process of value fluctuation, your property portfolio will also start to rise in value. The economy will start to recover and so the cycle continues.

There are those that will say that it is morally wrong to buy property at that point but those 'investors' are the ones who are restarting the economy. If NO ONE bought anything, then we'd have no economy.

The market HAS crashed, and is in recession, and has been for a while. Growth markets of 0.1% means that there is no growth. That number meant someone farted.

The latest injection means that a pound is worth 10p, thus devaluing the economy. Hence million dollar notes being worth pence.

Sponsored Links
Back