Money in the bank? Shares?

I agree with Joe too- if the whole system collapses I'll still have a house, if they then try and take that from me through no fault of my own I'll burn it down making sure the insurance has lapsed. No one will have it....
Lets face it our economy is totally screwed. Money used to represent value, it now represents debt.
Well said - but don`t burn it down - sabotage it first so it looks fine to the reposessor- but you`ve filled the heating with acid - filled the drains with concrete - cut off all the electric wires back in the wallboxes ,and cut off the lighting wires - left a couple of dead cats under the floor, and a squirrel in the cold water cistern in the roof - filled the boiler with expanding foam - cross threaded the immersion heater - etc. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
You've done it (or seen it) before Nige.

And **** on the carpets.

if they then try and take that from me

Why would they want to take your house if you own it?
If you've bought it with a loan and can't pay off the loan then you deserve to lose it imo.

If Joe is right go out and borrow as much as you can and blow the lot,nobody will come and chase you for it because there will be no banks to chase you for it.Simples.

Sponsored Links
Where are you going to keep this money? When the banks fail - it'll go down the pan. Money will be worth the paper it's printed on - it won't buy you a house. Only a house will be worth a house.

Happened all before- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation_in_the_Weimar_Republic

This thread should be read in conjunction with the failed economic model thread, it all comes down to capitailism only working up to a point and we have long pasted that point yet our governments are blindly holding onto it inventing money and debt to prop up what is actually a failed system.

Moody's have been suspected of behaving dishonestly in the past.
As a, basically American organisation, who's to say that it isn't behaving dishonorably again?
As mentioned before, it is to the US's benefit that the Euro and the Pound are less desirable than the Dollar.
Especially as their country was hours from going bust.
Their currency is in effect worthless, only propped up by it be the reference currency of others.

Sponsored Links
Back