Monobloc Basin Mixer Tap tightening problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

I've just bought a new sinkl and bain mixer but the hole inthe sink is only a little smaller than the base of the mixer. Consequently the tap just refuses to sit fkat on the sink when tightening the nut beneath. I've tried everything with no joy! Is it just me or are these monblocs very poorly designed? An off-centre bolt just seems ridiculous!

Anyway, anyone any ideas on getting this thing to stay in place? I even got a top hat washer but that's a little too big!

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Hi Andy,

I know the operation for installing it but the opening on the basin is about 36mm which means that the tap only just overlaps the edges of it. Are there any ways to get around this?

Seems a bit odd.
The underside of the base of the tap usually has a sealing 'o' ring which is set in a bit and seals to the top of the basin.

Where did you get the basin and tap :?:

Sponsored Links
They're from TC bathrooms. Spoke to them today and they said because it's a modern sink and a traditional style tap set then they might not be compatible. They said some of the modern mixers have a larger base.

Problem is I've already plumbed in the bath with this style of tap and I've installed the sink.

I could really use a chrom/stainless washer or seat like this:

with a 35mm opening and a flange for the tap to sit on.

Anyone know where I could get something like this? I'm at my wits end over this one!

Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back