monza heat line 24 and 28 heating PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I hope you can help.

The hot water is fine, the heating upstairs is fine, but rads cold down stairs.

We have flushed it through, put cleaner in it and flushed through, have had two heating engineers on it and none of them has fixed the problem.

Pump checked and working, no leaks, system seems clear of blockages.

Can any one help Please, I am not a boiler man and have very little knowledge

Keith

Sponsored Links
Do you have separate zones, upstairs and downstairs?

did they go off suddenly or gradually get worse.do they work with upstairs turned off ? if suddenly has anybody turned off any valves .could be the upstairs/downstairs could be run separately and it has a zone valve fitted to isolate downstairs circuit .

2D1DFD51-0A90-4346-BAD4-A2EFFC94943A.png
You can get that fault when the return filter is dirty. A quick rinse out and it’s amazing the difference it can make.

That’s if it has one.

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys
Thanks for the replies.
I don't think it is split, upstairs/down stairs.

The fault happened when one rad was cold down stairs, everything else working, we closed every thing down and flushed it through there was no water restriction through the vales, heat came to it, two hours later was cold again, we put a litre bottle of cleaner through the system the next day we had no heat down stairs, upstairs was very hot, we still the problem despite flushing through and turning rads off and on etc

The boiler was checked and all seems well with that, filters checked and cleaned by the plumber.

You have all helped and I hope you will continue until I fix it, If I new where to press thanks I would
Thanks

Keith

Thanks on the Bottom right Keith. :D

Do you have x2 thermostats on the walls? Do you have TRVs on all downstairs rads and have these been checked?

Attachments

• 20245019-AE72-4496-A5D6-D6901D87EF57.jpeg
    20245019-AE72-4496-A5D6-D6901D87EF57.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Hi
It only has the thermostat on the boiler, all trv's etc on all rads checked and working, the hot to cold happened straight away it was not gradual

Keith

And all lockshield valves are open?

I assume they are I think the heating engineer would know that bit ?

If the main hot water pipe sends hot water to the rads and then returns, would the return pipe be hot or cold if it is hot how does it miss the downstairs rads?

Keith

I assume they are I think the heating engineer would know that bit ?

If the main hot water pipe sends hot water to the rads and then returns, would the return pipe be hot or cold if it is hot how does it miss the downstairs rads?

Keith

It might have been overlooked by the heating engineer. Flow pipe should be hotter than return pipe. It would miss downstairs on the principal that if the flow is open but return is closed, then there is nowhere for the water to be flowed to.

Last edited:
ok thanks I will give it a try tomorrow when I go down and will let you know of any progress

Keith

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Keith just to clarify, I’ve now edited my post, the flow pipe should be hotter than the return pipe, iPad changed on autocorrect. :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back