More condensation after vents

maybe should have taken a better photo seems like only about 2 inches on the 1st layer of insulation.
not necessarily - one could say it's smart to go home early if you get paid regardless!

To the OP, I think the main goal is stopping any house air getting through to the loft. A bit of surface condensation will dry out, but it shouldn't be building up anywhere (ie dripping anywhere or soaking through)
yeah its not affecting the insulation as far as I can tell. I'm still seeing it on the nails last night.

The 1st layer on insulation seems to only be about 2 inches thick. there is a top layer too. maybe its inadequate now?

Attachments

• 20230205_154043.jpg
    20230205_154043.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links
maybe should have taken a better photo seems like only about 2 inches on the 1st layer of insulation.

yeah its not affecting the insulation as far as I can tell. I'm still seeing it on the nails last night.

The 1st layer on insulation seems to only be about 2 inches thick. there is a top layer too. maybe its inadequate now?
Just for clarity, you need to seal the ceiling to make sure no air can get through "air/vapour barrier", however, counterintuitively, the less actual insulation you have, the better for condensation, as the warmth will dry out the loft a bit.
Concentrate on the sealing around holes, gaps and hatches, and worry less about the insulation itself.

Only an idiot would do that ?
Apparently lots of builders are idiots. My house had the vent on the soffit but no hole. Seen many houses with the extractor venting directly in to the loft.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back