More mindless vandalism of the English language.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The word "shag" has many meanings.

As well as the one you disapprove of it is also the name of a dance, a seabird, a type of tobacco, a hairstyle and a carpet fabric.

As an adjective it also means broken, or worn out.

"Shagging" is a baseball term, and sometimes children called "shaggers" are employed to do it.

You may not like any of these facts, but for as long as you wish to run an English language website I'm afraid you are stuck with them, and dealing with the one use which you do not like out of all of the others by automatically censoring any use of s,h,a,g in sequence is unacceptable.

Sponsored Links
No one make you use this site. If you don't like it, don't use it. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I follow this, BAS complaining about a word that he has been able to type.
Shag

Oh yeah - I see now I have previewed it.

I'm off for a shag.

Sponsored Links
No one make you use this site. If you don't like it, don't use it. :rolleyes:
Nor you.

And if you do, no-one makes you complain about what I write. I don't really see the difference between you expressing a dislike of what I said and me expressing a dislike of what the site does.

to be fair (and accurate) shag's aren't really seabirds.. and nor are seagulls... but hey ho!

Sorry - I'm not much of an ornithological expert. I enjoy watching the tits in my garden, but they don't make me twitch.

Sponsored Links
Back