More soil pipe questions !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to run a new soil pipe to an existing manhole. I have checked today and it is a straight 9 metre run to the manhole, from the bottom of the stack.

Do I need any sort of inspection hole or anything for this run ? Or can I just run straight to the manhole ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If its a straight run to the manhole then the new drain can be rodded from the manhole should need arise. No further access points needed. (Be aware a rest bend is required at base of the stack.)

Thanks Hugh.
I am aware of the rest bend required and I have informed LABC, so any issues and I am sure they will let me know !!!! But I just want to crack on and get the pipe in without any rework after any inspection.

Would it be prudent, if not a requirement do you think, to fit one of the inspection type pipe fittings to the base of the stack ?

I am aware of the rest bend required and I have informed LABC, so any issues and I am sure they will let me know !!!! But I just want to crack on and get the pipe in without any rework after any inspection.
I assume your aware they will want to see the pipe bedded in the open trench & my ask for a water test before you fill it all in!

Would it be prudent, if not a requirement do you think, to fit one of the inspection type pipe fittings to the base of the stack ?
No requirement for it so your discretion; in casses of limited access I think it would be of limited benefit in the event if a problem anyway.

Sponsored Links
I assume your aware they will want to see the pipe bedded in the open trench & my ask for a water test before you fill it all in!

Thanks mate. Yes I am aware of that. But I still want to make a start asap. I can just fill it in later.
I think, for the sake of a tenner, I will fit some sort of rod access at the base. Thanks guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back