MOT TYPE 1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question, I want to add some MOT type 1 as a base to lay paving slabs for an inflatable hot tub base. I want a 75 mm depth of mot 1 as a hardcore base. My question is, how much would i need? The length of my patio area is 2.4 m and width also 2.4 m. Would I be better off buying a bulk bag of MOT type 1 which is approx 850 kg from Travis Perkins or would multiple small bags of MOT type 1 be ok? I don't want to be left with a load of MOT type 1 at the end if I went for the bulk bag option. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Can't this be worked out with basic volume mathematics or an online calculation tool?

Last edited by a moderator:
2.4x2.4= (*0.075) = 0.432m3 required compacted. Now just work out percentage compaction you get from vibration compacting type 1 and multiply 0.432 by that to give required loose type 1 volume

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back