Motion sensor lights staying on permanently

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Since fitters came to instal my new job the turned the electrics on and off several times, and now for some reason my motion sensor outdoor lights are permanently on

Probably and easy fix but thought I'd ask here as I don't have instructions.for them or know what brand they are offhand

Looking at the lights from the outside, I can see these settings but I've no idea what they even do

IMG_20230204_123644.jpg

Sponsored Links
There is presumably a switch inside that turns these lights off? So turn it off - leave it for a few minutes and then turn it on - once.

Cheers for about 30mins of leaving them off but sorted now cheers

Sponsored Links
FYI. Many sensor lights have a feature called “pulse over-ride”. With this, the light will come on permanently if you switch the supply off and on a couple of times.

The light will usually return to normal detection mode the next time it is daylight.
Or, as you have found, it will go back to nothing operation if you turn off power for a few minutes and then turn it on again.

Re the three adjustments. This describes what they each do. May not be for exactly the same product as yours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back