Motorised valve rotation direction mismatch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst looking at another issue I realised I could hear the system water flowing into my hot water cylinder, even though hot water wasn't scheduled to be heating. When looking at the valves something didn't seem right.

I've sat this evening looking at the CH and HW valves (both Honeywell V4043) and I'm really confused. I removed the powerhead from the pipework to look at both the powerhead and the actual valve. The powerhead rotates clockwise to open the valve when looking at the face which goes onto the pipework, the valve on the pipework also rotates clockwise to open. But when you put the powerhead onto the valve the rotation is obviously reversed, so it is trying to turn the valve the wrong way.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I'm trying to understand how this could be wrong....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back