Motorised valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have an open vented system with a 3 port valve.

I aim to drain my system and add inhibitor as I have been treating it for the last fortnight with sentinel x400.

After checking the motorised valve I found that the manual lever was floppy but I expected it to have resistance to move the valve.

As there is no resistance on the lever I thought this may point towards the valve being stuck but my heating and hot water work ok.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The lever will move a little way before it operates the sprung valve try pushing it gently a bit further. Should go right over to latch in the notch.

Regards,
footprints

Thanks for the reply,

The lever moves fully over past the bit where it is supposed to latch in with no resistance at all.

The valve is a Honeywell one.

Yes it sounds like it is stuck then, the manual position (locked in the notch) is both ports open for draining / filling and removing air, so you will get both services, but not proper control.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried switching off the power to your heating system (at the fused spur) to check that the valve is not being held over?

Thank you,

What I can't understand is from what I have read on here if the valve is stuck in say mid position I would expect my heating to come on even though I only want hot water and the heating is off but this isn't happening.

May not be quite far enough to make the microswitch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back