Motorola Razor v3/PC link

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I connect the Motorola Razor v3 to my PC (XP), it recognises 'new USB hardware connected', but I am unable to download any pictures stored in the phone. Despite loading the mobile phone software disc, there is no external memory/drive detected in 'My Computer' as is normally the case when connecting a digital camera. I have checked the Motorola website but nothing appears to be available.

Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Do you have any other card readers or additional drives installed. Sometimes there is a problem in the allocation of a drive letter for these external devices. Right click on My Computer and click Manage. Click Disk Management, see if the device is there and allocate it a letter manually.

Goto start button ( winxp) click then all programs find ' mobile phone tools 'program

assuming winxp *

Run program.. a large icon of v3 will appear.. click on the menu to left of icon

* mulitmedia studio icon .. looks like a artist palette/bell/etc *

Click 'Mobile Explorer 'and find pictures tab.... transfer pics to pc via menu

;)

Igorian - There is nothing in the Disc Management which is detecting the mobile phone. When I disconnect the phone and replace it with a different digital camera, the camera is detected.

Onion_soup - I have no program referring to 'mobile phone' in my XP 'all program' page.

I have successfully downloaded the Motorola V3 software update but there are no prompts on the PC screen when I connect the phone. The PC continues to 'bleep' when recognising the USB connection, but nothing else.

As I didn't buy this phone...its my daughter's old phone I have assumed it is capable of downloading pictures to the PC. Does this model have that capability? or am I just wasting my time!!

Sponsored Links
Doug99 said:
The PC continues to 'bleep' when recognising the USB connection, but nothing else.

As I didn't buy this phone...its my daughter's old phone I have assumed it is capable of downloading pictures to the PC. Does this model have that capability? or am I just wasting my time!!

You need the cd with mobile phone tools program on it *comes with fone and cable* .

If it is defective email Motorola customer services/support .

They will send you a link to download it from .

This is the program

MobilePhoneTools

Watch the demo for more help

Or ebay

MobilePhoneTools

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Onion_Soup - I have now loaded the 'mobile phone tools' package.

The PC displays a picture of the phone and logos for Calender/Mutlimedia etc. The problem I have now is that it is stuck in the 'initializing' mode and a logo of a mobile phone with a diagonal red line is displayed!!

On selecting 'multimedia' the PC displays the 'My Computer' director but the Mobile Phone directory is empty.

It appears that the PC is detecting the phone but not the directory. What now??

Doug

Doug99 said:
Onion_Soup - I have now loaded the 'mobile phone tools' package.

The problem I have now is that it is stuck in the 'initializing' mode and a logo of a mobile phone with a diagonal red line is displayed!!

What now??

Doug

Read this pdf MobilePhoneTools

You need to restart the mobile phone tools program and make it manually detect your phone ... name of phone gsm etc

When done it will work . Dis/Connect cable only when prompted !!

If fone still not working point to where in pdf manual.

Igorian help!!! If you have any suggestions !!!

Doug is nearly there, he needs that final push .

I am nearly out of ideas :(

Did you install the drivers BEFORE connecting the phone or did you connect the phone and use the Windows hardware wizard?

If you didn't install the drivers first, uninstall all the software/drivers and reboot the machine. Install the drivers and software and then connect the phone. If the driver installation software is well written, you should get a prompt to connect the phone, otherwise, connect it when the installation is complete.

Cheers guys - all sorted now after reloading the driver. My daughter is gutted as she never managed it and chose to upgrade her phone rather than try and fix it!

Doug

Sponsored Links
Back