Mould, Damp, Condensation, plaster and salt!

How would i establish it? I used to be able to feel the water on the wall. There is condesation and mould in other rooms in the corners and around the double glazed windows. I wouldnt know how to check other causes? If i was to get someone in would it be a builder or a damp person or a decorator?

try posting in the building forum for more detailed advice. it is more in the realms of their profession.

Sponsored Links
The most likely cause is that your guttering is spilling out the back which will soak into your brickwork and cause the problems you have. Best person to find it other than an expensive surveyor is a multi-skill maintenance type of guy.

TheDec said these system will offer protection

you said

the anti mould paint systems would stop any mould growing on the wall with regard to condensation., would it not?

There is a difference.

Sponsored Links
i suppose products have limitations, but as these products are formulated for this purpose it will offer a substantially longer protection than a non mould inhibiting product. in areas prone to condensation i would recommend this system for longevity. i have used the products mentioned numerous time over my career in high condensation areas with great success. works very well in bathrooms and kitchens and has provided the protection required as i have since been back and re paint rooms that have become tired due to age and the mould had not returned on these paints. very happy customers due to the fact that they had problems with mould which they could not shift before.

thanks

Frankly,

No.

Dec

confused :confused:

have you visited the properties that i have carried out this work and found mould? since you are in Glamorgan i would suspect not.

are you denying that these products are formulated for this purpose?

are you saying that these products do not give longevity over normal emulsion against mould?

your answer offers no definitive answer as it is very vague and not at all constructive. could you please elaborate?

No,

Just a more protective measure of a more refined paint system, and by the way leave Glamorgan out of the thread for I work almost in all areas of both England and Wales.

Dec

http://glidden.trade-decorating.co.uk/web/pdf/datasheets/G213.pdf

http://www.johnstonestrade.com/PaintSpecifier/PDF/productDatasheets/Anti Mould Acrylic.pdf

these are the data sheets of the products i have mentioned. as can be seen these products are for walls and ceilings that are subject to mould contamination. take a look at the johnstones and it states food preparation areas (kitchens) and bathrooms and other areas conductive to mould growth (areas with condensation would come into this category). as mentioned i have used these products extensively and can confirm that they are good quality and last.

thanks

Yes and I dont doubt that they took some to find, yet they will to me be of no interest.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back