Can mould grow underneath gloss paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We brought a property 12 months ago and completey renovated it. We also had a damp course done on it. We have now lived in our house for 6 months.

However, I have just noticed the skirting downstairs (MDF) has started to bubble. I'm just wondering - is it possible for mould to grow under the gloss paint? Forgive me if I sound thick! The only reason I ask this is because I have scraped some of the bubbled paint off and it looks black underneath?!

My concern now, if it is mould, what would be the best option?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
look at it the other way you have mold growing on the mdf thats painted on the back[front]

A damp course doesn't fix everything. Is the room cold/humid in the winter? Water vapour easily condenses on a cold wall.

Sponsored Links
I scraped a bathroom ceiling covered in mould recently. After spraying with white vinegar to kill the mould I used Zinnsers anti mould paint.

That's what I did anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back