Using anti mould paint under gloss?

YBD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi new to this site so hope am doing this right! My daughters bedroom window is single glazed and has a lot of surface mould around windows. The windows have old gloss paint though seems to be quite solid and no rotten wood. I want to stop the mould coming back if possible and wondered if I could use anti mould paint under new gloss paint?. Am really think of cost as well - I have some anti mould bathroom paint and she has gloss paint Can I marry the two? Think I would need to use mild bleach to wash down, read that somewhere. Have Milton hope that works! Sorry for the waffle.
:p

Sponsored Links
If you paint gloss over the anti mould paint, you defeat the object of having it as it would be covered up and be no use. The warm air in the bedroom will be condensing on the single glazed window and causing the mould probably because its trapped behind the curtain. What ever you paint on , may not stop it. A strong bleach solution over the affected areas to start with will help.

Thanks for that, was a bit blonde that when I thought about it after your reply, don't suppose they do anti mould gloss paint do they and even wonder if that would work?! :LOL: Anyway will start will the bleach and go from there. Thanks anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back