mould

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i just painted all interior walls and now about 2 months after i have noticed little black spots pf mould forming in corners what do you guys/gals recomend for this to remove mould and stop it coming back?

Sponsored Links
condensation, keep the room ventilated.
dont dry washing over radiators.

how can i remove mould for good or atleast try? people recommend bleach solution what mix is required and is it normal household bleach?

a good strong mix of household bleach should do the trick.
"remember" ventilation is the key to your probs.

good luck.

Sponsored Links
thanks mate cleaned it all yesterday with strong mix and it came up totaly clean, hope dont return, cheers :)

This is of interest to me too. We have a modern house (less than 15 years old) and the interior walls are painted with magnolia emulsion. Over the last few months, I've noticed very faint stains - a sort of yellowish discolouration in a few areas - usually top corners where two walls and the ceiling meet. This only seems to happen on the inside of external walls. Is this mould? As far as I'm aware, the house is quite dry. We have a hygrometer in it and it seems to read in the region of 35-40% humidity most of the time. It's double-glazed and pretty well insulated. Obviously it's winter and we don't have the windows open much.

If it is mould, what's the best way to treat it? I wouldn't mind re-drecorating anyway as the paint is original and a bit grubby in places (generally at "child height)! Should I just wipe with some bleach before re-painting?

I borrowed a moisture meter from a friend who works with wood. Obviously, it's not calibrated for plasterboard, but I stuck it in several walls and the readings it gave were generally the same in the ?damp? areas as in the non-damp areas round the rest of the house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back