mould

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi people i need advice my house is suffering from mould, i had cental heating fitted a year ago and the house is 22 years old and only had gas fire and 1 storage heater before than, now i thoght my house would be nice and dry i discoverd behind my sofa is an non joining wall and has mould on it also underneath my sofa and on bottom of sofa and generaly anything wooden on the floor, what is causing this and what can i do, i have windows on lock alot to air the house????

Sponsored Links
very powdery looking on wooden furnitur and dusty fluffy looking on wall and sofa,

Sponsored Links
Central heating does not prevent damp, can make it worse, ventilation will help prevent the spores settle that grow into mold, do you dry clothes indoors, have extractor fan in kitchen and bathroom?

How about buying one of those cheap moisture detectors (Draper etc) and using it to see if you actually rising damp (hopefully not on a 20 yr old house) or water ingress from elsewhere?
there would have to be a hell of an amount of moisture in the air to cause your problem if the room is well ventilated.
John :)

Hi,

Certainly it is moisture which is causing the growth of mould. Try to rectify it as soon as possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back