Mouldy sealant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About every three months, I need to renew the mouldy sealant around my bath and wash basin. I use quality sealant but still mould forms on the (fungus resistant?) sealant quite quickly.
Can someone please advise me as to the best sealant to use. Thanking you in advance.

Sponsored Links
There's been a long-running thread on this which you'll find if you do a search on Dow Corning. Which product have you been using? I have some at home which was Unibond 30 year Guarantee stuff I used upwards of 15 years ago, and it's never been mouldy.

You can promote it if you use a wet finger to smoth the sealant. You will sometines see small pockets in the silicone which used to have water in, gone black. Best to keep your fingers off - use a proper tool, or a credit card corner, to smooth it.

Thanks for your reply Chris.
I have been using Unibond High performance sealant with superior mould resistance and a 35year guarantee.
The sealant still becomes mouldy after a few months.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back