Mouldy upvc windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After some advice and hoping someone on here can help and check my logic.

4 months ago I got full replacement upvc windows and front door in the house, replacing older upvc windows & door. There is now no more or no less ventilation than previously, there is also no more or less moisture present (except natural changes in air moisture content). Question is, why are some of my new windows and door suffering with condensation and mould?

I understand how and why condensation forms, but I don't understand why changing windows has made a problem that didn't exist, appear. Surely, newer windows should offer better thermal insulation and therefore, if anything, condensation should not form as much now as it may have with less thermally efficient units (ie, the old windows). Also, the problem is not on all windows - even where there are 2 windows in the same room, one looks ok with some small specks of mould, whereas the other is covered in mould.

Any help/advice? Not sure if the windows are faulty and not properly sealed or whether it's a problem I have to live with and further improve the ventilation.

Thank in advance for any help!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back