mountfield faulty throttle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a self-propelled mountfield with an RV150 engine. The throttle governor assembly does not allow full throttle. It starts and runs fine between fast tickover and half revs. if I jerk the lever between low and high it revs better for a few minutes then reverts to fast crawl. Been like that since new. Looking at the assembly the throttle attached by a lik to the flap it appears not to move at all. It's nowhere near the screw "stop" with lever on full throttle. Choke is fine. I cannot figure out how this assembly works. The way the fine spring attached to the flap is fixed - I can't see how the throttle could open, it pulls the opposite way! I could take my old suffolk colt to bits, and put it back together. again no probs. Searched utube for vids but none of the setups resemble the Mfield RV150 type. Can someone explain the mechanism?

Sponsored Links
A picture would probably help, but normally all thats needed is to slacken the cable clamp at the carburettor end, pull the outer cable back a touch and retighten.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back