mounting lcd tv height question?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am thinking of mounting my 40 inch lcd tv on the chimmney breast,the
question is is this going to be a arkward viewing angle,the centre of the screen will be approx 5 ft 7 to the centre of the screen from the floor and the seating position is about 7.5 ft away i do not know anyone who have mounted on the chimmney breast so cannot see this configuration in reality has anyone done similar set up i would think of using the tilt mounting bracket.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
When I am laying down on the settee I want the tv at about 2'6''.
These people with wall mounted tv's at about 5' ...why.
each to his own I suppose.

Don't do it! It's a terrible viewing angle that will give you a stiff neck. Stick a poster on the wall and sit looking at it for two hours. Then ask yourself if you really want your TV up there.

... has anyone done similar set up
Yep. Your local pub because the TV is viewed from a standing position and on occasions when folk are sat watching the footy - so it has to over the head height of those in front. The other group of people who mount at this height are DIYers who mark up for a bracket position from a standing position... Doh!!

At the end of the day it's your telly and you can do what you want, but sitting close to a large TV mounted high up wouldn't be the way I'd want to watch. :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys ,thats killed that idea LOL :rolleyes: .
Looks like i have to think of something else

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back