False wall/ recess or other ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would love to hear opinions about the best way forward with my current setup below.

2z5vfqe.jpg

Pioneer is currently mounted to a fixed bracket on the wall and sticks out approx 6 inches. The Chimney breast to the left hand side sticks out approx 7 inches.

I'm wanting to get my Front and Centre speakers off my cabinet and up with their brackets but this is where my trouble starts. The speakers are almost 9 inches deep and so with the brackets they stick out right past the screen and just dont look right.

The way I see it I've got several options but I just cant decide what would be best.

1) Take off the existing Plasma bracket, remove the plaster board its mounted on and set the bracket further back into the brickwork. Plasterboard is dot and dab so this is going to be a messy job.

2) Mount the Fronts and Centre at the top of the wall angled downwards.

3) Build a false wall (MDF or Plasterboard) and mount the Plamsa so it sticks out an extra few inches so its inline with the Fronts.

The other thing confusing the issue is if I mount the Fronts alongside the Plasma is where to mount the Centre, above or below ?

All suggestions welcome !!

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Messing with the dot and dab is a waste of time. The gap is too shallow to make much of a difference.

Go with the false wall idea. Centre speaker below the screen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back