Mouse damage Halstead Ace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Water pressure has been dropping for over a year and I topped it back up to 1.5 bar until Friday when it wouldn't stay up. Floorboards up to find mouse damage on a union which I have replaced. System back up to pressure and holding after bleeding all radiators. BUT now boiler won't stay lit. Burner lights for a few seconds, pump turns but she won't stay lit. I have checked the flow switches, they're fine. Had the cover off and hoovered the burners. The electrodes are clean and in the right positions. The pump turns. Had the PCB off and can't see any burning on either side. There are no signs of any major leaks.
There would have been times in the past where the pressure was so low the boiler would have shut down. I have had water bubbling out from what I guess is the Air relief valve and I have had to reset overheat sensor once or twice in the past year or so. Can anyone offer any advice please?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back